There are many good quality USA pet bedding products to choose for safe and long-lasting use. Lately I notice quite a few pet products being promoted on Facebook. Many, I find, are made and sourced in foreign countries and not a few come out of China. Why, because manufacturers enjoy less cost in materials and ingredients and overall manufacturing costs.
In the USA we impose much stricter quality and safety standards and regulations on manufacturers to safeguard ourselves and our animals.
Why Buy USA Pet Products?
Following are quite a few reasons to use our pet products made and sourced in the USA:
- As stated, our stricter quality and safety standards and regulations for materials and ingredients in our pet food. There are numerous FDA food recall notices, starting in 2007 with those containing melamine and labelled improperly from China. Many recalls for numerous poor ingredients continue today for many food brands.
- Second, without these stricter regulations, materials in our products can harm us and our animals, i.e., asbestos problems, lead in paint, etc.
- And we provide good support for our local farmers and local workers employed by our USA product manufacturers.
- USA products last longer because of our quality controls and safety standards. In the long run our USA products cost us less.
- We are better informed here in the USA with our manufacturers being required to disclose the contents of their products unlike foreign countries.
- Also, more dollars are kept circulating in the USA. A good thing for us all.
- Lastly, I want to reiterate what one pet bird product manufacturer states: “… using USA-made and sourced products makes it easier to hold suppliers accountable”.
Pet Age and Nielsen Study
Another note: Pet Age has a great article about USA made products from 2018. In this report a Nielsen study from 2015 shows 61% of Americans prefer USA-made and sourced products as important.
So take a look at some of our USA pet bedding products by product reviewers here in the USA.
USA Pet Product Reviewers
Several sites provide reviews on products but it appears very few who single out USA-made and sourced products. One that has reviews on USA pet bedding products for our doggos’ beds is K9 of Mine.
The other review sites I find do not usually specify origin of the products. So that info takes a bit of research. See my results below.
I want to stress how much like we humans our pets need a great night’s sleep. So I checked on USA pet bedding products through five review sites and these are my findings. My emphasis, of course, is on USA-made and sourced beds or bedding for our pets.
The five sites are Best Reviews, K9ofMine, The Spruce Pets, Top Dog Tips, and Wirecutter.
USA-made Cat Beds Reviews
- K&H Pets Products of Colorado provides a thermo cat mat, a kitty window perch, and a covered cat bed. All of these are in the top 10 by two of three cat bed reviewers.
- Second is Smiling Paws Pets of Wyoming who makes cat beds of organic cotton. This company is listed in the top ten by one of three cat bed reviews.
USA-made Dog Beds Reviews
- Big Barker is handmade in PA with thick foam padding and a 10-year warranty. This is an orthopedic bed for large breed dogs. Four of five reviewers list it in the top 10 dog beds.
- Next is ELuxury of Indiana who is owned and operated by veterans . One of five review sites list their orthopedic gel memory form mattress in the top 10.
- And, Jax and Bones of Los Angeles, CA is listed in the top 10 by one of five reviewers for their velour napper dog bed. It is said to be good for dogs up to 100 lbs.
- Again mentioned is K&H Pet Products of Colorado for their tough elevated and heated beds for chewers. And their bed is selected in the top 10 by one review site.
- Following is Kuranda of Maryland who is mentioned by one reviewer in the top 10 for their orthopedic elevated beds for chewers. They offer a 1-year warranty.
- Last noted for dogs, we have Midwest Homes of Indiana, since 1921. Midwest is noted by three of five reviewers for their dog crate pads. These are placed in the top 10.
USA Pet Product Reviews for our Feathered Friends
Through three review sites for cage covers, (My Pet Needs That, Best Reviews, and Best Selected Products), I find the following items for USA-made products. But first, please note that covers are necessary to keep out light and distractions for good sleep for our feathered pals.
- First up is Cozzzy Cover from Phoenix, AZ coming in 2nd by one reviewer for their dome top parrot cage covers. The dome top covers are black and loose fitting.
- Honorable mention of My Safe Bird Store of New Jersey. They offer small bird covered condos. You can fit the small condos inside or outside your cage. These are called ‘hide n seek bird condos’ and are washable (pictured).
- Next noted is Midwest Homes of Indiana (1921) coming in as #2 by one reviewer for their large black cover for parrot size cages. They are made of polyester and are washable.
- And, Prevue Pet Products (Hendryx) of Chicago, IL for 150 years, is mentioned for their large (parrot/cockatoo) black cover. It is non-toxic, breathable, and lightweight. Their cover is mentioned as number 1 in two reviews and in the top 8 in the third review. Prevue’s medium size cover for smaller birds comes in as #1 by one reviewer.
- Last but not least is Sheer Guard. They offer their cage cover in small, med, or large sizes. They are mentioned as #1 by one reviewer. They are a subsidiary of Kansas Creations here since 1984.
USA Pet Product Reviews for our Aquarium Guys
According to The Spruce Pets glass is said to be the best for having a tight fit to prevent aquarium evaporation and for durability.
Coming in second are Hoods with led lights. They give a looser fit than glass.
A couple of other reviewers (again My Pet Needs That.com and Guppyexpert.com) report as follows:
Screens, like those made by Zilla (an Aqueon subsidiary) , don’t prevent as much evaporation as glass or hoods but still keep the fish from jumping out.
For hood manfacturers, we have:
- Marineland LED Light Hood by Spectrum Brands Pet, LLC, of Virginia and made in Wisconsin. This hood comes in the top 5 by both reviewers.
- Also Aqueon‘s Aqua Versa top is listed in the top 5 also by the two reviewers.
- And Aqueon’s Flourescent Hood comes in the top 5 by one review company. (Pictured)
- Next is Tetra’s Perfecto Hood and LED Hood. These are both noted in the top 6 by both reviewers. Tetra is a Marineland subsidiary.
My Aquarium Cover
My own take for my aquarium cover is for my Dwarf African frogs who need plenty of daylight. The only cover I choose for them is a homemade dark colored cloth that fits entirely around the sides of their tank. It is secured with velcro to keep out light and drafts at night.
I hope this has given you some helpful information on selecting your good USA-made products for your pets’ good restful nights.
Additional USA Pet Product Info
For some additional information on USA-made pet treats, see “More Nutritious Pet Treats” – https://copywriternikkifrie.com/more-nutritious-pet-treats/.
One other article to check out for walking your pets is “Essential Accessories for Walking with your Fur Pal” – https://copywriternikkifrie.com/essential-accessories-for-walking-with-your-fur-pal/.
Please give me a ‘like’ and your comments down below on the left. To receive future posts, leave your name and email on our Contact page. Feel free to contact us with questions or comments there also. Thanks so much for stopping.
2 thoughts on “USA Pet Bedding Products”
I got this web site from my friend who shared with me on the topic
of this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this
web site and reading very informative content here. https://vanzari-parbrize.ro/parbrize/parbriz-scania-omnilink-2007-288877.html
Great. Thanks for your comments.